The 1.10.0 release of the OGRECave fork was just created. This means that the code is considered stable enough for general usage and the current interfaces will be supported in subsequent patch releases (i.e. 1.10.1, 1.10.2 …).
This release represents more than 3 years of work from various contributors when compared to the previous 1.9 release. At the time of writing it contains all commits from the bitbucket version as well as many fork specific features and fixes.
For a general overview of the 1.10 features when compared to 1.9, see the OGRECave 1.10 release notes.
The highlights probably are:
- upstream Python bindings as an component
- improved GL3+/ GLES2 renderers
- A new HLMS Component implementing physically based shading
- SDL2 based input handling
- Bites Component for rapid prototyping of applications
- Emscripten platform support
For further information see the github page of the fork.